* It’s simple. Quit smoking. Above 100% of lung cancer patients are smokers, say reports.
* At first place, smoking is dangerous for your lungs. Secondly, second-hand smoking increases the chances of lung cancer by 20%. First hand or second hand, quit smoking.
* Be aware of the atmospheric circumstances at your workplace. Around 30% patients in men are exposed to a hazardous atmosphere at the workplace. Remember, making yourself comfortable at workplace is a right,
* Moderate alcohol intake wouldn’t harm you but heavy drinking does. Not just liver, alcohol also affects your lungs. Cut down the intake.
* Few types of vitamin and nutrient supplements are believed to raising the risk of lung cancer, contrary to popular belief. The list includes type of supplements of lutien, retinol, beta carotene and Vitamin E. Ask your doctor before taking any supplement.